We are visionaries of innovation and pioneers of change!
Selexis SA, a JSR Life Sciences company, headquartered in Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland, is a world leader in the generation of transgenic cell lines for the biopharmaceutical industry. Selexis specializes in the development of cutting-edge technologies for the expression of novel and difficult-to-express recombinant proteins in mammalian cells and offers personalized solutions that allow the pharmaceutical industry to rapidly develop and market innovative drugs and vaccines.
The cytogenetic activity is carried out within the DNA-FISH platform and its vocation is to establish the karyotype of cell lines (research cell banks, RCBs) intended for customers. DNA-FISH karyotyping is also applied to development and research projects which aim to improve already existing protocols or to develop innovative tools for Selexis.
You will be responsible for leading cytogenetic projects and obtaining results in accordance with established objectives, respecting quality, performance and established deadlines. Department-specific laboratory tasks:
- Cell culture: thawing, amplification and maintenance of cells used in cytogenetics.
- Preparation of cells for cytogenetics analysis: fixation of cells and preparation of slides.
- FISH (Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization)
- Microscopy: Imaging the samples on a semi-automated platform.
- Analysis of the karyotype and the FISH signal using a plugin for ImageJ/Fidji.
You will integrate the cytogenetics department and will be placed under the responsibility of the operational manager of the platform. You will work in close interaction with other members of the team as well as with the operators who deliver the material.
This position is associated to the Cell Culture Department (CLD) and you may be needed to support the department depending on internal workload needs.
- Participate in weekly meeting with all the group’s employees to discuss the progress of the experiments and the validation of the results.
- Present and discuss the results of the experiments internally (meeting with all the Selexis groups).
- Ensure a technological watch specific to its field of activity.
- Participate in the supervision and trainng of inexperienced staff.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in the development, validation and implementation of protocols as well as the drafting of procedures and protocols.
- Responsible of the cell culture for the DNA-FISH platform (cell maintenance) and role in the management of cell bankings and mycoplasma tests.
- Participate in the management and maintenance of devices (microscopes and other devices).
Bachelor’s or Engineer degree in related scientific field.
Typically experience in cell culture, cytogenetics or microscopy will be a plus but beginners are accepted.
- Ability to interact with other employees
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and interpret results
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Strong sense of organization
- Rigor, motivation and scientific curiosity
Send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com